As we celebrate the Women’s Suffrage Centennial in 2019 and 2020, it is a great time to look back to what we can learn from the past as we work toward a better future.
April Young Bennett is a motivational speaker who can speak at your event about what modern leaders, activists and change-makers can learn from bold women from history and what she has learned about changing hearts and minds as an advocate for women, children and underserved populations. Themes include:
- Leadership: How do we define our priorities? How do we motivate people?
- Collaboration: How do we build our team? How do we find our niche?
- Diversity: How do we work with people who are different from us? Why do we need to?
- Women’s Empowerment: How do we makes our voices heard? How do we break the glass ceiling?
- Teamwork: How can we support our collaborators? How do we de-escalate conflict?
- Resilience: How do we cope with setbacks?
- Self Care: How do we balance it all?
Contact her to enquire about her availability for your event.
For media inquiries, speaking engagements and other relevant requests, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 801-253-2895.
See media kit and media coverage, video and audio.
What They are Saying
“Having courageously navigated the patriarchal waters of her religious community and beyond, April Young Bennett is a seasoned and articulate voice for women’s equality. Her feminist activism, like her writing, remains consistently clear, intelligent, engaging and informed.”
—Lorie Winder Stromberg, Co-founder, Equal in Faith; Executive Board Member, Ordain Women
“April Young Bennett is an inspiration for all feminists who are part of religious communities. Through her speaking, her writing and her communal work, she has tried to give voice to the values of both religion, faith and feminism. She has worked tirelessly, thoughtfully and respectfully to raise some of the most critical issues facing religious women today.”
—Bat Sheva Marcus, founder and past president, the Jewish Orthodox Feminist Alliance
“I saw your presentation at Counterpoint. How happy I was to have found it here. THANK YOU for sharing it. This was a powerhouse presentation and synopsis. Wow. Wow. Wow.”
—Josi Christensen, attendee